Vongo not going to replace Netflix
Pretty much right after I signed up with Vongo, I was ready to cancel, but I paid $9.99, so I figured I'd have to download and watch a couple of movies just so I get my money's worth.
Here are a couple of issues I have with Vongo:
- Horrible selection. It is not very big, and mostly older or unheard of movies.
- Movies show an expiration date, probably when they are licensed to show it until. I'd prefer to know I could get movies anytime, not only until 11/06 or something.
- Movies are formatted as if they'd be shown on TV. A little Starz logo pops in the corner from time to time. You do get widescreen (if available).
- No Dolby Digital or any kind of surround sound. Again, as if it was on the TV on a plain old cable channel.
- Interface pretty much sucks.
I signed up with Vongo thinking I'd get a nice Netflix replacement where I could just download any of the movies I want, when I want them. Sorry, not there yet. I like the idea, but Vongo just misses the mark. For me to ever reconsider, I'd at least need a much wider selection and the ability to get digital surround sound out of it.