Awesome virtual server hosting
For a while now, I've run a small virtual server business, hosted on a couple of servers that I own in a local Sacramento datacenter.
Currently, I'm looking for a few additional customers. I don't actively recruit, however looking to fill some extra capacity I have.
- Windows Server 2008 or any linux distro available.
- Virtualization with XenServer 5.
- Low load servers, not oversold or overcommitted.
- Top quality bandwidth. I don't like crappy connectivity. Currently get bandwidth through XO and Verizon, soon moving to a new datacenter with Level3 and XO.
- Hardware firewall and hosted anti-spam solution.
- Shared SQL Server 2005 (soon to be moved to 2008) server
- Manage your sites with DotNetPanel, email with SmarterMail
- All servers are Dell PowerEdge 1950s, 2x quad core processors, 8-16gb RAM (upgrading all to 16gb soon)
Some other important points:
- Your virtual server is your own responsibility. You break IIS, you fix it!
- No set limits for number of domains/email accounts, but be reasonable.
I usually cater to a more technical crowd. Developers can appreciate the quality, understand they get what they pay for, and are pretty much self-managing. My current users really don't come to me for that much.
Plans are either:
- 512mb RAM
- 20gb space
- 150gb bandwidth
- $50/month for Linux, $70/month for Windows
- 1024mb RAM
- 40gb space
- 300gb bandwidth
- $100/month for Linux, $120/month for Windows
Space is limited, as I only have a couple servers. I'm not buying any additional ones, so not going beyond my current capabilities. Once the space fills up, it is done.
Hosting with me is not right for everyone. If you need a lot of support, then it may be better to look elsewhere. I don't run this as a full-on business where I cater to all the customers needs. That said, if you know what you're doing, want a quality virtual server on quality hardware and connectivity, then I'm just what you're looking for.
If you're interested, please contact me directly.